1. Korea is a very safe country. A girl can not be afraid to walk at night for the sleeping area alone.
2. Cases of major crimes, like murder, are attributed to unprecedented and weeks reported in the local news.
3. The best time to visit Korea is spring, when the cherry blossoms bloom, and autumn, when yellow leaves on the trees. Winter is very cold and windy, summer is hot, humid and rainy.
4. The country is very small, therefore civilization has penetrated all corners of her. In Korea it is impossible to get lost, and it is really the remotest villages here.
5. The most popular sport in Korea is baseball. It is played by everyone, young and old, a baseball bat, almost everyone. At baseball games, especially the large ones – are always sold out.
6. On the second place in popularity is Golf. It is played by men of middle age. And having reached old age, all the Koreans go to the mountains.
7. Hiking is a favorite pastime for Koreans. They can get up at 8 in the morning after a wild drinking and still climb the mountain.
8. 90% of Koreans are short-sighted and have to wear glasses or contact lenses. Wear glasses during my childhood that unwittingly creates the impression that they are born with poor vision.
9. All Koreans use Internet Explorer. Continue reading
Japan is a unique country with its own way of life, sorrows, joys and, of course, the holidays. The Japanese like fun. National holidays of Japan are celebrated widely and in a big way. The official calendar of Japan has only fifteen holidays. Public holidays are called sukumizu. These days the Japanese are in accordance with legislation, have a rest.
In the list of holidays includes:
New year, celebrated by the Japanese, along with the rest of the world 1 January (before the end of the nineteenth century the Christmas festival was held according to the lunar calendar).
Coming of age day in Japan, is the eleventh of January. On this day twenty-year-old Japanese girls and boys are entering into adulthood and are declared adults. Festivities are held throughout the country. Smart young people receive gifts and guidance from adults and have fun the whole day, because at the end of the day comes adult life.
Setsubun, an ancient holiday, revered in Japan. On the night of the third to the fourth of February the Japanese driven from their homes evil spirits and welcome good luck and prosperity. The roots of the holiday go back far into antiquity, and embodies the Chinese philosophy of Yin-Yang.
Foundation day of Japan, the eleventh Continue reading
Appeared in the early XX century is the antithesis of “Japanese — Western” is present in all cultural studies about Japan. It is not only the leitmotif of the research, but also methodological imperative, mandating the need for a completely new, different from existing in modern science methods for the study and analysis of culture.
In the early 30-ies there appeared a book by Bruno Taut, German architect “Houses and people of Japan”. Which is a massive slice of Japanese culture of the period.
Great value represented also grade, Embry and teamwork “Village Japan”. In these works gives a comprehensive picture of the life of rural Japan’s population in certain age.
In 60-ies of the domestic researcher A. S. Arutyunov was published the book “the Modern life of the Japanese.”
Studies that discussed the historical aspect of the change in one cultural phenomenon — in shelter, clothing or agriculture, very much. First of all, it studies the Japanese themselves. Japanese ethnographic science, we can identify several Continue reading