Japan — the land of the rising sun. The population of Japan is not the largest (127 million people), but it allows her to take tenth place in population. We all know that Japan is popular for its martial arts and sushi. rolls and other Japanese delicacies. But here we will try to cover more rare and unusual the most interesting facts about Japan.
1. Japan is located on Islands. Of all these Islands is about 7000, but they’re all small, except the four largest (97% of the total population of all the Islands) — Honshu, Hokkaido, Shikoku, Kyushu.
2. If you think to eat fruit in Japan, before think, as fruits always are very expensive, especially melons. The prices of them can reach 100-200 dollars. But the meat and fish is very cheap.
3. Japanese chopsticks have their name and they are called “Hashi” (Hashi).
4. The Japanese traditionally mold snowmen out of two lumps, not three as everywhere else.
5. Japan — the only country that still has the status of «Empire». The Japanese Emperor is Akihito.
6. The Japanese did not give the names of the months, and they are indicated by simple numbers, for example, June — “six months”.
7. Academic Continue reading